Inovaxe has recently released the Smart Rack series SR700 & SR130, along with its Smart Storage Systems.
The SR series Smart Rack is intended for customers whose main challenge is finding parts quickly and do not need all of the features of the InoAuto Smart carts. The design is based on the company’s cost-effective InoKit platform. The rack controller unit includes an InoAuto Locator software to quickly locate, add, return and transfer parts. The trays are available to store 7“ and 13“ reels of various widths, as well as mechanical bins.
Additionally, the company has its Smart InoAuto storage systems. The two bay can store 1,120 7“ SMT reels and the single bay can store 560 7“ SMT reels. All of the Smart systems are equipped with sensors and LED indicator lights, along with the company’s locator software, and respond as if the reels have RFID on them. The operator will simply barcode scan the part number and quantity on a reel and place it into an empty single package single location slot. The system will report the position of the part to its database automatically.
The InoAuto ultra-lean material handling systems enable users to locate parts in less than four seconds and return a part in less than eight seconds. The carts are mobile, store 560 reels in 0.23 m2 or store 1120 reels in 0.42 m2, and the ROI is less than six months. The company has provided manufacturers with the capabilities to streamline their material handling systems and achieve the following benefits:
- More than 90 percent labor reduction in pulling kits and returning parts
- More than 90 percent space reduction for storing SMT parts and kits
- Reduction of set up time and increase in machine up time
- Reduction of operator travel time by 60 percent
- Eliminates paper for kit pull and feeder loading operation
- Enhances inventory accuracy without counting parts
- Reduces errors in the feeder set up operation
- Typical ROI is less than three to six months
Linking to Panasonic’s SMT line PanaCIM 10 software is also available.