The Sapphire force displacement test station, from Snaptron Inc., is designed for accurate, repeatable force and displacement measurements of various types of tactile switches and switch assemblies. The Sapphire is a stand-alone unit that tests and displays measurement data on an intuitive LCD touch screen display. Full measurement reports can be uploaded to your network or a USB drive.
It is used to test metal domes, poly domes, membrane switches, and most other switches. The test station conforms with ASTM standard F2592. Tests include trip force, return force, standing free height, displacement (travel), tactile ratio, tactile activation slope, switch resistance, and other ASTM measurements. It can detect two separate electrical contacts and it can be used to characterize resistive touch screens.
The Sapphire is an invaluable testing tool to ensure force-displacement compliance for your quality control department.
In stand-alone operation, the user can get test data and reports directly from the LCD screen. In-depth reports may also be generated in Excel via your company’s network. The Sapphire also has two USB ports that can save reports when a drive is detected.
Other features include:
- Ability to specify Pass/Fail parameters
- Two resistance circuits to measure multiple electrical contacts
- Compact design, portable
- Adjustable test head for a wide range of product heights
- Custom specifications available
- Non-Tactile test mode allows for testing and creating a force-displacement curve for switches or other objects that do not have a tactile inflection
- Process Data box allows for logging of all ASTM values for a series of tests
- ASTM values include Fmax, Tfmax, Fmin, Tfmin, Frmax, Tfrmax, Frmin, Tfrmin, Travel, Free Height, Tactile Ratio, Fc1, Tc1, Fb1, Tb1, Fc2, Tc2, Fb2, Tb2, Ftease, Ttease, Frtease, Trtease, Ffactor, Tfactor, Frfactor, Trfactor, TAS, TRS, and Fend
- Raw Curve Data option will generate a report containing force vs. position data for each force test conducted
- Designed and made in the USA