Altus introduced a range of innovative equipment from its impressive portfolio of suppliers at productronica 2017. This included the recently rereleased Modi relabelling station.
The distributor of equipment for the electronics assembly industry in the UK and Ireland had its own stand at the show. This is where they introduced the latest version of the relabelling station from the German company, MODI, specialists in identification products and one of their principle suppliers.
The relabelling station easily applies coded label contents on components rolls, trays, boxes, dry packs or bulk cartons. They are recorded in one working step (scan) and decoded correctly. The equipment saves time on the time-consuming process of manually collecting data from incoming goods and alleviates the risk of false inputs.
The product can input customer’s information in a traceable way to help in merchandise management, taking into account data exchange with the incoming goods system, storage system or MES system via an optional interface. Additionally, all pictures and scanned information is saved in a database for the subsequent traceability.
The relabeling station 3.0 features a number of new innovative improvements including:
- Easier handling through an additional scan from the top (TOP scan unit)
- OCR tools for clear-text recognition
- Safe and fast incoming goods process for packages from different suppliers
- Easy handling of camera technology
- Ergonomic adjustment by stepless height adjustment
- Recording of all relevant labels and data in one scan within 1–2 seconds
- Processing of packages of any height
- Comfortable handling with scan through a 360 mm x 360 mm glass surface
- Interfaces to various traceability systems (e.g., ASM) and / or all common merchandise management systems (e.g., SAP)
- All in one system reducing footprint