Every year SMTconnect in Nuremberg (formerly SMT Hybrid Packaging) highlights current topics in the field of electronics manufacturing. This year the trade fair, which is one of the industry’s largest and most important, is being held from 7th to 9th May. Rehm Thermal Systems will be attending this year as well! That’s where the manufacturer of thermal system solutions will be presenting its newest product developments.
“Look further, go beyond” is the motto that the company is using for its trade fair appearance this year. Their developers and designers are looking to the future and are paving the way in the development of electronics manufacturing with their additional developments and optimizations in system and process engineering. This is also reflected in the systems and tools being exhibited.
The company will be introducing the following systems at SMTconnect 2019:
- VisionXP+: The system for reflow convection soldering with or without a vacuum is now even more efficient! The company will present its highlights, for example, the use of new EC fan motors, which are not only quieter and more sustainable, but also enable comprehensive production data collection, a more effective cooling zone and design optimization.
- CondensoXC: It has a compact structure thanks to the innovative processing chamber and is a high-performance device. Thanks to the patented injection principle, exactly the right quantity of Galden is supplied for optimal profiling. Thanks to the closed-loop filter system, the medium can be recovered and filtered at virtually 100 %. The system is fully suitable for vacuums and has an integrated process recorder for optimal traceability.
- CondensoXS smart: These smart systems are based on the chamber design of the CondensoXC and thus ensure high process stability. An enlarged process chamber, boasting a significantly reduced footprint, enables higher throughput and thus shorter process times.
- Nexus: This vacuum soldering system is ideal for pore-free and flux-free soldering at up to 450 °C with a variety of process gases. The wet-chemical activation with formic acid is available as an option. It is possible to use lead-free or lead-containing preforms and pastes. Contact soldering is used in advanced packaging and power electronics.
- Securo Minus: The company has developed the Securo range to analyze the reliability of sensitive electronics under extreme temperatures. Securo Minus is deployed in the context of the cold function test to check the winter performance of electronic assembly groups for example. The electronic components are exposed to cold air or nitrogen at low temperatures of up to –55 °C in the system and thereby brought to the optimal temperature for checking. The system can be combined with any measuring equipment.
- ProtectoXP: This selective conformal coating system protects sensitive electronic assembly groups from damage by corrosion or other environmental influences such as humidity, chemicals or dust. The company will be presenting a variety of application methods for different deployment areas and materials at the trade fair. They all have reliable and accurate coating in common to achieve the best results.
- ProtectoXC: Even with minimal throughput, ProtectoXC guarantees reliable coating processes. Thanks to its compact construction, it can be integrated as a batch or line variation without any problems. The company will present this coating system with ViCON system software at the trade fair for the first time. The new operating concept simplifies image creation for coating and includes numerous features for an easy-to-create, reproducible coating result.
SMTconnect, Booth 4A-100