IPC E-Textiles Europe 2019, a two-day technical education conference for innovators, technologists and brands/OEMs, will provide a platform for education and collaboration among a diverse group of professionals interested in producing e-textiles technologies and products. This conference will also provide technical insights of interest to myriad market segments, including fashion design, health monitoring, medical, automotive, aerospace and military. The conference will take place on November 12-13, in Munich, Germany.
Presentation highlights of the technical conference agenda include:
- Design and fabrication techniques of textile-based embroidered RFID tags for apparels
- Reliability and washability of textile-based circuit boards
- Warp knitted solutions for E-Textile applications
- Conductive patterns on textiles by laser welding
- Printed electronics – Electrifying textiles for smart applications
- The new drug delivery frontier – Textiles
- Wearable sensors for your favorite sports
- E-Textiles as an enabling technology to create more discreet and desirable assistive technology for older adults
- Advanced inkjet printed e-textiles for health monitoring in military applications
- Design in confidence in e-textiles
“Smart textiles, encompassing electronics combined with textiles (e-textiles) have a very promising realm in science and technology,” said Vladan Koncar, Ensait, Gemtext, University of Lille and IPC E-Textiles committee Europe chair. “Numerous materials, systems and devices are available for e-textiles applications, but there are challenges to making these materials, systems and devices compatible as a full e-textiles product. As a conference where scientists and people from the industry can meet and exchange experiences and knowledge, IPC E-Textiles 2019 is, therefore, tremendous.”
This event will also include their committee in Europe meeting, where participants will be able to collaborate on IPC international standards for e-textiles.